Green Village Montessori
This policy aims to:
- Explain how to apply for a place at the school
- Set out the school’s arrangements for allocating places to the pupils who apply
2. How to apply
To apply for a place in Green Village School, please use our application form which can be obtained by contacting us.
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, pupils already attending our First Little School will transfer automatically into Green Village Montessori school.
3. Requests for admission outside the normal age group
Parents are entitled to request a place for their child outside of their normal age group. We calculate the Year Group of each child depending on the calendar year they were born ( This is the Spanish Grouping)
Decisions on requests for admission outside the normal age group will be made on the basis of the circumstances of each case and in the best interests of the child concerned.
- Information about the child’s academic, social and emotional development
- Where relevant, their medical history and the views of a medical professional
- Whether they have previously been educated out of their normal age group
- Whether they may naturally have fallen into a lower age group if it were not for being born prematurely
- The headteacher’s views
Wherever possible, requests for admission outside a child’s normal age group will be processed as part of the main admissions round. They will be considered on the basis of the admission arrangements laid out in this policy, including the oversubscription criteria listed in section 6. Applications will not be treated as a lower priority if parents have made a request for a child to be admitted outside the normal age group.
Parents will always be informed of the reasons for any decision on the year group a child should be admitted to. Parents do not have a right to appeal ,if they are offered a place at the school but it is not in their preferred age group.
4. Allocation of places, admission numbers.
The school has an agreed admission number for pupils for entry.
25 children will be admitted to Elementary1 ( Key Stage 1,Years 1 and 2) children are normally admitted to this class the calendar year that they turn 6 yrs.
Elementary 2, (Key Stage 2 Years 3,4,5 and 6) have provision for 25 children aged 8 years to 11 years.
4.1 Oversubscription criteria
All children whose statement of special educational needs (SEN) or education, health and care (EHC) plan will be admitted providing we are able to meet the individual needs of the child.
If the school is not oversubscribed, all applicants will be offered a place.
In the event that the school receives more applications than the number of places it has available, children will be placed on a waiting list and contacted as soon as a place becomes available.
- Places will be given to children of staff at the school, but will not be counted in the admission number.
- Priority will be given to children with siblings at Green Village Montessori and First Little School.. Siblings include step siblings, foster siblings, adopted siblings and other children living permanently at the same address. Priority will not be given to children with siblings who are former pupils of the school.
- Places will be offered on a first come, first served basis and will be confirmed on completion of an application form and payment of a deposit within I week of the offer.
4.2 Children below compulsory school age
Where the parents wish, they should secure and pay for a full-time place but their children may attend part-time until they reach compulsory school age of 6 years .Our recommendation is that all children should try to attend school full time.
5. In-year admissions
You can apply for a place for your child at any time outside the normal admissions round. If there are spaces available in the year group you are applying for, your child will always be offered a place to start immediately.
If there are no spaces available at the time of your application, your child’s name will be added to a waiting list for the relevant year group. When a space becomes available it will be filled by one of the pupils on the waiting list in accordance with the oversubscription criteria listed in section 4.2 of this policy. Priority will not be given to children on the basis that they have been on the waiting list the longest.
Applications for in-year admissions should be sent to the following address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Monitoring arrangements
This policy will be reviewed and approved by the head Teacher and Proprietor every year.
Whenever changes to admission arrangements are proposed (except where the change is an increase to the agreed admission number), they will be publicised on the website.